Home > North American Film Festivals > Austin Film Festival

Austin Film Festival

Ratings
Stars

austin
Austin, Texas
+1-512-478-4795
website

1 positive user reviews     0 negative user reviews.

1. May 14th, 2014 at 08:57 | #1

Submit your film to Austin Film Festival!

Austin Film Festival is currently accepting submissions for its 2014 Film Competition. Known as “The Writer’s Festival” since its inception 21 years ago, Austin Film Festival celebrates films built on strong storytelling. AFF recognizes the importance of the creator at the core of filmmaking and screens the highest caliber narrative, documentary and animated films — all of which demonstrate the power of a well-told story. Each year we honor the winners of our competition alongside legends of the industry, who have included Jonathan Demme, Harold Ramis, Vince Gilligan, Johnny Depp, Ron Howard, and Judd Apatow. Additionally, the Jury Award winners of our Narrative, Documentary and Animated Short categories qualify for an Academy Award. The Regular Bird Deadline for the film competition is June 16th and the Late Deadline is July 15th. More information can be found at http://www.austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/.

2. February 18th, 2014 at 11:10 | #2

I just wanted to make sure everybody was aware that Austin Film Festival has already begun accepting submissions for this year’s film program. My name is Hatley Moore and I work as an intern in the Film Department and I am happy to answer any questions you may have about submitting your film to us. Last year we received more entries than ever before and this year we are already on a record pace.*Our Earlybird deadline is almost two months away, April 30, until which the submission fee is only $50.* If you submit online through our website (not Withoutabox) you will receive $5 off:
    austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/online/

Known as “The Writer’s Festival” since its inception 21 years ago, Austin Film Festival celebrates films built on strong storytelling. *AFF recognizes the importance of the creator at the core of filmmaking and screens the highest caliber narrative, documentary, and animated films — all of which demonstrate the power of a well-told story.

AFF provides filmmakers an invaluable platform among industry professionals and film-lovers. *Offering A-list jurors, amazing venues, and an opportunity to network and learn, Austin Film Festival is the place to be this October. *As AFF embarks on its 21st Anniversary, everything about the Festival & Conference will be bigger and brighter (or darker if it is more appropriate).* A new COMEDY VANGUARD competition category has been added to highlight horror films. *All of AFF’s juried categories—Narrative Features, Documentary Features, Narrative Shorts, Student Shorts, Animated Shorts and Documentary Shorts—have increased cash awards.* In addition to the competitions, all submissions will be eligible to screen out-of-competition in special sections such as Comedy Vanguard or the Texas Independents Series. *On top of all that, the winning films in the Narrative Short and Animated Short categories are Academy Award®-eligible!

Earlybird entry fee if postmarked by April 30, 2014 — $50
    Regular entry fee if postmarked by June 16, 2014 — $60
    Late entry fee if postmarked by July 15, 2014 — $75

AWARDS
    1st Place Winners in both the Narrative Feature Category and Documentary Feature Category receive a cash prize of $2,500; reimbursement (up to $500) of one round-trip airfare to Austin to attend the 2014 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2014 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award. The 1st Place Winner in the Dark Matters Feature Category receives a cash prize of $1,000; reimbursement (up to $500) of one round-trip airfare to Austin to attend the 2014 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2014 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award.

For Shorts, 1st Place Winners receive a cash prize of $1,000 (Narrative Short Category only) or $500 (Narrative Student Short, Documentary Short, Animated Short Categories); reimbursement (up to $500) of one round- trip air fare to Austin to attend the 2014 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2014 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award.

In addition, all films are eligible for the Audience Award in their respective categories.*

We look forward to receiving any entries you all want to send us. I’ll be checking this post frequently and I am happy to answer any questions or check out our FAQ: austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/faq/

3. March 25th, 2013 at 11:46 | #3

I just wanted to make sure everybody was aware that Austin Film Festival has already begun accepting submissions for this year’s film program. My name is Jordan Arroyo and I work as an intern in the Film Department and I am happy to answer any questions you may have about submitting your film to us. Last year we received more entries than ever before and this year we are already on a record pace. Our Earlybird deadline is just two months away, May 1st, until which the submission fee is only $50.  If you submit online through our website (not Withoutabox) you will receive $5 off:
    http://www.austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/online/

Known as “The Writer’s Festival” since its inception 20 years ago, Austin Film Festival celebrates films built on strong storytelling.  AFF recognizes the importance of the creator at the core of filmmaking and screens the highest caliber narrative, documentary, and animated films — all of which demonstrate the power of a well-told story.

AFF provides filmmakers an invaluable platform among industry professionals and film-lovers.  Offering A-list jurors, amazing venues, and an opportunity to network and learn, Austin Film Festival is the place to be this October.  As AFF embarks on its 20th Anniversary, everything about the Festival & Conference will be bigger and brighter (or darker if it is more appropriate).  A new DARK MATTERS competition category has been added to highlight horror films.  All of AFF’s juried categories—Narrative Features, Documentary Features, Narrative Shorts, Student Shorts, Animated Shorts and Documentary Shorts—have increased cash awards.  In addition to the competitions, all submissions will be eligible to screen out-of-competition in special sections such as Comedy Vanguard or the Texas Independents Series.  On top of all that, the winning films in the Narrative Short and Animated Short categories are Academy Award®-eligible!

Earlybird entry fee if postmarked by May 1, 2013 — $50
    Regular entry fee if postmarked by June 15, 2013 — $60
    Late entry fee if postmarked by July 15, 2013 — $75

AWARDS
    1st Place Winners in both the Narrative Feature Category and Documentary Feature Category receive a cash prize of $2,500; reimbursement (up to $500) of one round-trip airfare to Austin to attend the 2013 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2013 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award. The 1st Place Winner in the Dark Matters Feature Category receives a cash prize of $1,000; reimbursement (up to $500) of one round-trip airfare to Austin to attend the 2013 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2013 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award.

For Shorts, 1st Place Winners receive a cash prize of $1,000 (Narrative Short Category only) or $500 (Narrative Student Short, Documentary Short, Animated Short Categories); reimbursement (up to $500) of one round- trip air fare to Austin to attend the 2013 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2013 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award.

In addition, all films are eligible for the Audience Award in their respective categories. 

We look forward to receiving any entries you all want to send us. I’ll be checking this post frequently and I am happy to answer any questions or check out our FAQ: http://www.austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/faq/

Sincerely,

Jordan Arroyo
    Film Department Intern
    Austin Film Festival

4. January 3rd, 2010 at 16:35 | #4

My favorite film festival of the 30 or so my films have screened at, and the 8 or 10 I’ve attended. And not only because they screened both of my first two features. The AFF is really more like an advanced seminar or convention on new cinema, with tons of panel discussions, filmmakers and screenwriters in attendance, and an eclectic lineup of everything from obscure, no-budget indies (that would be me) to the freshest sneak peaks at Hollywood blockbusters and the people who make them. And everything in between. Foreign, docs, shorts, you name it. And a staff that really knows what they’re doing. While I obviously wasn’t feted quite as much as Harold Ramis or Buck Henry, I felt the staff really wanted to make my festival experience as positive as possible, and it couldn’t have been better, both years (2005 and 2006). And just incidentally, Austin is a great town. If you go don’t miss the bats at the Congress Avenue Bridge, and the LBJ Library on the UT campus.

Stars
    2 people found this review helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes / No
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud
Click below to rate
Stars

By clicking "Submit Comment", you agree to our
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and are at least 18 years old.